OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

FAHBench test always crashes when selecting Intel CPU runtime

Adrian_Vasile_C_
Beginner

Hello

When running FAHBench (https://fahbench.github.io/) and selected the OpenCL CPU device, FAHBench always crashes.

I installed the latest version of the CPU runtime from github: 2023.16.6.0.28 on up-to-date Windows 10 Professional (22H2, OS build 19045.3570), running on an Intel Core i9-13900K CPU.

But this is an old issue, and the CPU or the OpenCL runtime version do not matter, FAHBench just crashes every time I select the OpenCL CPU device (other OpenCL GPU devices work as expected).

The crash also appears in Windows Event viewer:

Adrian_Vasile_C__1-1698280068838.png

Adrian_Vasile_C__2-1698280121817.png

(I can attach the resulting Report.wer from Windows Event Viewer if needed).

The same CPU runtime works with other tools like LuxMark v3.1, so my installation looks ok.

Can Intel fix this issue please ? Is there an work-around I can use ?

Thank you,

Adrian Vasile Constantin

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
cw_intel

Hi,

I installed the latest version of the CPU runtime from github: 2023.16.6.0.28 on up-to-date Windows 10 Professional (22H2, OS build 19045.3570), running on an Intel Core i9-13900K CPU.

Can you provide the Github link? And please provide the resulting Report.wer from Windows Event Viewer that you mentioned. 

BTW, how to run the application? Just need to install the OpenCL CPU Runtime? Or is there anything else I need to install?

Thanks.

0 Kudos