OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

I uninstalled sdk 2012, but can't install sdk 2013

wang_h_
Beginner
I am having problems installing the 2013 version of the OpenCL SDK, on Windows 7 with VS 2010. I have a Xeon E5-26900 CPU(32-bit). I have installed 2012 version of the OpenCL SDK and it worked very well. I just want to update my version. So that I firstly uninstalled 2012 version by running Start > All Programs > Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 > Uninstall . Then I click "intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_r3_runtime_x86_setup.msi" to install version 2013. But it reported a crash, and it says "A newer version of Intel SDK for OpenCL* - CPU only Runtime Package is already installed." "your system has not been modified. to install this program at a later time , run setup wizard again . " However, neither version shows up in the Control Panel uninstall programs list. When I try running the 2012 installer again, it says "The installer identyfied that the installed version of CPU only Runtime Package was broken". Is there a manual procedure for uninstalling the SDK? .
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Please make sure you do not have the reg keys mentioned here. If you do, delete them and reinstall the SDK.

Thanks,
Raghu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Please make sure you do not have the reg keys mentioned here. If you do, delete them and reinstall the SDK.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
wang_h_
Beginner

Raghu Muthyalampalli (Intel) wrote:

Thanks,

Raghu

Thank you very much!I have solved the problem.

I found there are some registry values not mentioned  by the release-notes in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\OpenCL] , which should be removed, too.

Thank you , again!

0 Kudos