OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Installation of OpenCL 2013 fails complaining about runtime package

Surendar_C_
Beginner

I decided to upgrade to the latest OpenCL 2013 (non beta version?) to see if that would fix the problem I was facing with beta. Just to be safe, I uninstalled the beta. Now, both x86 and x86_64 versions compain "The installer identified that the installed version of the CPU only runtime package is broken. Try removing it or contact the support at the Intel SDK for OpenCL forums" - this one. I cannot see the runtime package in the control panel. Any help on removing the phantom runtime package is much appreciated. I am using Windows 7 with VS 2010.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Please remove the following keys and try installing again.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\OpenCL]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\OpenCL]

0 Kudos
Ian_J_1
Beginner

I had a similar problem, I removed those keys but the installation still failed.

The workaround that worked for me was to download the "CPU Only driver with OpenCL 1.2 features" and install it separately. After that sucessfully installed I was able to install the full sdk.

0 Kudos