OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

No luck with debugging OpenCL kernels using VC2013

linuxhippy
Beginner

Hello,

I would like to debug my opencl kernel using the opencl debugger plugin within VC2012 (+ Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 3.0.0.81147; Intel SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package 3.0.1.15216).

Here is what I did:

1. Called clBuildProgram with additional options, as mentioned in the documentation:
    clBuildProgram(program, 1, &device, "-g -s C:\\PathToMy\\File.cl", NULL, NULL)
2. Enabled the OpenCL debugger, told it to trigger at Dim 0/0/0
3. Started debugging. VC2012 seems to halt, but I can't do any actual debugging.

I've recorded a short screencast (at least 720p is adviseable): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4lDWrBbLXE

I would be grateful for any idea what is going wrong here.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

We are debugging an issue where some users are not able to debug their kernels. I will post here when there is new information.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Can you generate the debug log and attach that here. Set the environment variables

INTEL_OCL_DBG_LOG=1
INTEL_OCL_DBG_LOG_FILE=c:\temp\debugger.txt

and launch Visual Studio. Continue debugging and you should see the debug log under c:\temp.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos