OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL lists two Intel (R) OpenCL platforms

Olivier_P_
Beginner

On a laptop running Windows 10 64 bits with an Intel HD GPU and NVIDIA GPU, my OpenCL program and one of the Intel SDK OpenCL sample program both lists two "Intel (R) OpenCL" platform, with same profile and version alongside another vendor platform and an extra "Experimental OpenCL 2.1 CPU Only Platform". Why the double entry for the Intel (R) OpenCL platform?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Olivier_P_
Beginner

Following this thread , I took a look at the registry under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Khronos/OpenCL/Vendors and found 5 entries:

• C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_0745f11ce6fc197c\IntelOpenCL64.dll
  • C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvopencl.dll
  • IntelOpenCL64.dll
  • intelopencl64_2_1.dll
  • IntelOpenCLProfiler.dll

Putting the value of the key to 1 for the first one removes both Intel (R) OpenCL platform.

Putting the value of the key to 1 for the third one removes only the second Intel (R) OpenCL platform.

I don't really know if this is crucial or if this is a hint that the driver wasn't properly installed but since I am having issues with context creation on the CPU device (see this thread), I was wondering.

0 Kudos