Regarding kernel debugging issues.
1. Could you please specify which package do you use - x86 or x64 and when did you download it? The x86 package was updated recently (November 8th) to incorporate a fix for kernel debugger. Please update it if you downloaded it earlier.
2. You definitely should set enable "Intel OpenCL debugging" before the debugging session.
3. In case of x64 package the following workaround should be used: enable "Intel OpenCL debugging" then quit the Visual Studio and open it again.
If you still unable to debug OpenCL kernel, could you please attach a small reproducer application and exact steps you perform.
I couldn't reproduce the issue so far with the attached application. Could you please check/confirm the following.
1) You start the debugging session with F5, and not Ctrl+F5 (Start Without Debugging).
2) You are able to reach clCreateContext function call line (either by stepping through the code or just putting a breakpoint at it).
3) There are two processes (icldbgsrv.exe and IntelOclError.exe) in the Processes window. Please, restart the Visual Studio if there is only IntelOclError.exe. You might have accidentally closed the icldbgsrv.exe console window because it pops up after several hours or so.
4) You press F10 at the clCreateContext function call line and you don't get any message box regarding the kernel debugger port number change. Please, try to change port number anyway. The working firewall might also cause the issue.
Hello everyone, same problem here, i.e. the debugger doesn't stop at any breakpoint. I am running Windows 7 64bit, Visual Studio 2010 Premium, OpenCL SDK 2012. I am following all the guidelines like compiling with -g and -s, enabling the OCL debugger, running with F5, .... but nothing helps. I've also tried to change the debugger port and also temporarily disabled the firewall - nothing. The only thing I recognized is that there's no IntelOclError.exe process running on my machine. I'd be very glad if someone could help me getting the debugger working. Thanks a lot in advance.
Just try solution here, find "ProfilerConfig.exe" and check the "Use Intel OpenCL Profiling Mode", apply and close.
the sdk set using GPU for default, obviously they failed to mention this in the document. ;)
I am new to the Opencl, till context API call everything was ok but when I am trying to call and create program object it's neither showing me the error nor success........output I am not getting ..........whether program object has created successfully or not.....May be I think it's runtime error but how to get rid from this????
please help me out in this...
The error presened in the screen shot is opaque.
In a windows environment, for debugging with Microsoft Visual Studio there are facilities for stepping through a program to identify source code progress and inspect variables.
OpenCL api calls have facilities to track error codes... An example:
The last argument allows for developers to readback an error status that can be reconciled with headers:
From stdout of the program alone it's not possible to determine where issues in sources are. It's also possible your error is related to some other runtimes that it links.
If the source is new please put it in a new thread, if it's related to an existing thread, please specify which source it is in the thread. Please ensure source can be shared (is not proprietary) and contains minimal capability required for issue reproduction. Please follow this guide here: