OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Truncation of Float to Half in Intel Run Time Driver using OpenCL 2.0

Raghu_K_
Beginner

Hello,

The latest OpenCL Intel driver download uses OpenCL 2.0 and seem to truncate Floating point values to half values.  Does anyone know a workaround or a way to get a version of Intel openCL drivers that do not do this truncation?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Raghu_K_
Beginner
0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Raghu,

Which Intel processor are you running on? Which OS? Which version of the driver are you using? Do you have a reproducer that clearly shows the issue?

0 Kudos
Raghu_K_
Beginner

Hi Robert, we use i5 or i7 destops running win 8.1.  We downloaded the latest openCL driver from the link I sent that uses openCL 2.0.  You can use the pair programming box to reproduce the problem.  Thanks, Raghu

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Raghu,

I am not familiar with the pair programming box - what is it? Is it a reproducer? Could you provide a link?

Thanks!

0 Kudos