OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

cl_khr_int64_base_atomics support?

Istvan_Lorentz
Beginner

Hi, 

Hi, previous release notes http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-sdk-for-opencl-applications-2013-beta-release-notes

stated that "New OpenCL* 1.2 extensions supported by the CPU device:

• cl_khr_int64_base_atomics and cl_khr_int64_extended_atomics"

Today I installed the non-beta 2013 sdk (so not the product the release notes point to), i queried clGetDeviceInfo and i don't see the 64-bit atomics extensions listed below:

CL_DEVICE_TYPE: CPU
CL_DEVICE_EXTENSIONS: [cl_khr_byte_addressable_store,cl_khr_fp64, cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics, cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing, cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics, cl_intel_printf, cl_khr_icd, cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread, cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing, cl_khr_d3d11_sharing, cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics, cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics, cl_khr_gl_sharing, cl_ext_device_fission]

CL_DEVICE_VENDOR_ID: 32902
CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION: OpenCL C 1.2
CL_DEVICE_VENDOR: Intel(R) Corporation
CL_DEVICE_VERSION: OpenCL 1.2 (Build 63463)
CL_DRIVER_VERSION: 1.2
CL_DEVICE_ADDRESS_BITS: 64

Does the 64 bit atomics require a special SDK or different device? (i'm trying on i7-2600K CPU)? 

Thanks,

Istvan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Istvan,

Apparently we never supported these optional extensions. This was a bug in the 2013 Beta release notes.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos