Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14767 Discussions

13900K - Multi Core full load temperature

vladimir91
Beginner

Hello, 

I just bought and finished setting up my new workstation with Intel's i9 13900K, ASUS TUF Z790 DDR4 motherboard, ASUS TUF 4070TI video card, 128GB 3200Mhz DDR4 ram, EVGA G5 1000W PSU and COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 RGB black CPU fan, and the case has a pull configuration with two 140 fans in front and one 140 fan in the rear.

Ran the Cinebench CPU Multi Core test and the CPU temperatures were hanging around 88-90°C

Idle temperatures are 35-39°C

While gaming 2K Ultra temperatures are around 49-53°C

First time owning a CPU that runs this hot and I want to ask if it's fine.

I apricate your help

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @vladimir91

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

We appreciate the information you provided and the temperatures.

Tjunction max is the maximum thermal junction temperature that a processor will allow prior to using internal thermal control mechanisms to reduce power and limit temperature. Activation of the processor's thermal control system may cause performance loss as the processor typically reduces frequency and power to prevent overheating.

In this case you can check that the Tjunction of your model is 100°C, so any value under that is considered within Intel specifications.

Being at maximum temperature while running a workload isn't necessarily cause for concern. Intel processors constantly monitor their temperature and can very rapidly adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage.

You can have more information here: Information about Temperature for Intel® Processors

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @vladimir91

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

We appreciate the information you provided and the temperatures.

Tjunction max is the maximum thermal junction temperature that a processor will allow prior to using internal thermal control mechanisms to reduce power and limit temperature. Activation of the processor's thermal control system may cause performance loss as the processor typically reduces frequency and power to prevent overheating.

In this case you can check that the Tjunction of your model is 100°C, so any value under that is considered within Intel specifications.

Being at maximum temperature while running a workload isn't necessarily cause for concern. Intel processors constantly monitor their temperature and can very rapidly adjust their frequency and power consumption to prevent overheating and damage.

You can have more information here: Information about Temperature for Intel® Processors

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
vladimir91
Beginner

Hello Jose,

Thank you very much for your reply. I understand. Then my multi core temperatures at 100% utilization appear to be within the normal range and won't do harm to the CPU itself. This sets my mind at ease.

Thank you again, and have a great day!

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello vladimir91

Thank you for your reply.

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Have a nice one!

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos