Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14539 Discussions

9700k PO vs 9700k RO???

Rube4life
Beginner

I bought a 9700k and I need to update my bios. I have a asrock extreme 4 z370 and there are two different versions of bios updates according to asrock. Im not sure if the chip I just bought can support the Po or Ro version of the update??

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Only Asrock can help you with THEIR BIOS.  Contact them for support.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rube4life,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The stepping is basically the CPU (Central Processing Unit)'s version number. To know the stepping version of your processor, follow the next steps:

Find the S-spec code in the processor's box, see the image attached as a reference.

Then:

1. Go to Product Specification Page
  2. Enter the processor number on the search box, in this case, Intel® Core™ i7-9700K Processor.
  3. Click Ordering and Compliance on the left side of the page
  4. Under Ordering and Spec Information section, look for the Spec Code, find the one which matches with the spec code in your box, and then check Stepping. (so you will know if your processor is P0 or R0)

As our community member mentioned, for BIOS update instructions and guidance on the specific one you should use, the best is to contact the motherboard manufacturer.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rube4life,

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rube4life,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos