Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14689 Discussions

[APO Requests] Intel Application Optimization

Justifier
Novice
Is there an established place to request/recommend games/applications to be optimized for/by APO in the future?

A cursory browsing about these forms shows most of the information available for it here have been mostly troubleshooting installation issues here
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Justifier  

Thank you for your reply. 

Your comments and ideas are important to us and have been addressed to the team in charge, we appreciate your feedback on this matter. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with issues or feedback, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No.  This is a technical support community.  Specifically, the forum is for issues regarding processors.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Justifier
Novice
Aware that it's a technical support community

However it is also pretty much the only public place on the web I've found with active discussion from Intel Employees about the APO so far, so I figured it would be the best chance at finding official resources
0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Justifier  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

There is no an official website or tool to provide feedback about Intel APO, however, we can address your ideas to the proper team for visibility anytime in this forum. 

What games or applications are you thinking of? I can forward your recommendations if you would like me to. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Justifier
Novice

That's unfortunate

I know that those types of avenues regularly devolve into a gripefest though so I'm not surprised

Since that is the case, I have three requests I would be most grateful for you to relay:

1:

I'd very much like to see it implemented into Minecraft Bedrock (Windows Version), and if possible, Minecraft Java as well. Those are both extremely popular games and would garner a ton of interest for Intel's APO Technology with a good showing on them

Particularly Minecraft Bedrock, as it is a weird quasi-mix of old and new technological performance bottlenecks: on one hand you can completely saturate a 14900k with the base game. On the other hand, when RTX shaders are used, we would also get an extremely good showing of how Intel APO would work when stressed by modern technology: RTX, DLSS, possibly Intel's XEss in the future? ;

2:

If at all possible, perhaps an interview style talk from Intel representatives through official channels covering the tech as we got with the z790 boards AI overclocking and Wifi7 to better set expectations for the technology: Implementation timelines, planned titles/applications (if any)

There's always a lot of hype about software improvements, and the letdown from information blackouts can lead to some pretty harsh backlash: think DirectStorage's sitting on a shelf for ~2 years with little to no follow-up information. This touting a 30% improvement in specific titles has turned more than a few heads in the tech community

3:

I know it will devolve into a gripefest, it's the internet after all, but if this is going to be a prominent feature for Intel CPUs/products going forwards, I'd very much like for Intel to set up at least a temporary place for discussion/feedback specifically for APO so that people like me have an easy place to both find information as well as voice their wants where we feel it will be seen by Intel, such as here or Discord Forums where you have more control of the scope and pace of the conversation, as well as its duration

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Justifier  

Thank you for your reply. 

Your comments and ideas are important to us and have been addressed to the team in charge, we appreciate your feedback on this matter. 

This thread will no longer be monitored, but if you need assistance with issues or feedback, feel free to contact us back and submit a new post. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.