Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14859 Discussions

CPU serial number

Jorge_Dias
Novice

Hello.

A few years ago I bought an Intel CPU, more precisely an Intel Core i5 4460, this CPU came in a box and the CPU serial number was written on the outside of the box.

I recently bought a new PC which came pre-assembled, I want to know the the CPU serial number.

The Intel Processor Identification Utility it doesn't say what is the serial number of my CPU, I tried to get the serial number with a 3rd party software (CPU-Z) and I also couldn't find out the serial number of my CPU.

I also tried some CMD commands that were suggested on Google and nothing worked.

I contacted my new PC seller, and was told that they buy in bulk (large quantities) and cannot tell me what my CPU serial number is.

I went to Google and found out that due to privacy concerns it is not possible to know the serial number of the CPU.

I did further research and found that on one side of the CPU there is a QR code which has the CPU serial number information, I tried with my cell phone to read the QR code, but the QR code is so small that my phone camera can't read the QR code I I would need a microscope to be able to read the QR code (view attachment file)

The only information I could get was that a number that is next to the QR code it's the incomplete serial number of my CPU.

Why can't I know the serial number of my CPU if I bought it and paid for it?

Unless I buy a microscope with a digital camera to be able to read the QR code, is there any way for me to know the serial number of my CPU?

Only those who buy a CPU in a box have the right to know the serial number of their CPU, this makes no sense...

Best regards.

Jorge Dias

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Dias
Novice

Thank you very much.

I received a solution to be able to see the serial number of my CPU

Best regards.

Jorge Dias

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

All you need to know:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000021613/processors/intel-core-processors.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Jorge_Dias
Novice

Thank you very much.

Your answer to my question solved my "problem" to be able to see the serial number of my CPU.

Best regards.

Jorge Dias

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Jorge_Dias  

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website, helping to address your request.    

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Marketing Status > "Discontinued":  Intel® Core™ i5-4460 Processor  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding. 

Best regards, 

Jocelyn M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jorge_Dias
Novice

Thank you very much.

I received a solution to be able to see the serial number of my CPU

Best regards.

Jorge Dias

0 Kudos