Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14604 Discussions

Can't set voltage values lower than 0,000V in Per Point Voltage Offset .

Oski29
Beginner

Hello! So I wanted to set lower values in Per Point Voltage Offset for specific ratio multipliers on my i5 11600K to reduce power draw and temperatures on lower ratio multipliers. 
This function has worked before (I could have set negative values) but now it doesn't work anymore. I don't know if this is intentional or not. Does anyone know if this should work like this? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EternalStudent07
New Contributor I

There was a security problem when people undervolted certain CPU's, so they've tried to disable that ability.  Plundervolt is the name I'd seen referencing the issue.

Some people could still undervolt using an older XTU like 6.5.2.40 (Intel doesn't have a copy, but they're out there on the internet).  Other systems had a change in the BIOS so even an older XTU wouldn't fix it.

0 Kudos
Oski29
Beginner

Oh ok! So if I would download the older XTU like this 6.5.2.40 Would I be able to do this undervolt/plundervolt? 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Oski29  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Undervolting is a process where the voltage of the CPU is reduced in order to reduce its energy consumption and heat. Unlike overclocking, this will not push the processor out of the specifications, however, since you are reducing its normal power consumption it could make the processor unstable. 

Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components and may reduce system stability and performance. If the processor is used outside of its specifications, the manufacturer's warranty may be voided.  

We recommend you to use your processor within its specifications

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos