Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14552 Discussions

Cannot read the structure of Hardware Feedback Interface and ThreadDirector in the memory

y4nx1ang
Beginner

According to the Intel Manual Vol. 3A/B chatpter 15.6: the Hardware Feedback Interface and Intel® Thread Director both have a structure in memory to record some information changes of the CPU. However, I couldn’t find any information about the content of that memory region being '0'.

1. The manual says that the memory region's address is in :

y4nx1ang_2-1692348721743.png

and the MAXPHYADDR can be found from 

y4nx1ang_1-1692348300113.png

2. I have an i7-12700 CPU and the maxphyaddr is '46'. I obtained the physical address of the Hardware Feedback Interface and Thread Director structure and attempted to read it from a kernel module. However, the content of that memory region appears to be all '0'. I have ensured that both the HFI and Thread Director have been enabled.

Is there any method to deal with this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @y4nx1ang  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please allow us some time to do some research on this. As soon as we have updates, we will let you know. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
y4nx1ang
Beginner

Thanks. Looking for your reply.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @y4nx1ang  

Thank you for your time. 

Please contact the correct support in the Software Tuning, Performance Optimization & Platform Monitoring for further assistance for software development-related issues. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @y4nx1ang    

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos