Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14655 Discussions

Cpu clock speed not reaching max frequency

Medhansh
Beginner

HEELLO INTEL ! 

I have lenovo loq laptop which comes with i5-12450HX and rtx 4060...The max turbo frequency for the performance core is 4.4GHZ but it's not exceeding 4.2 GHZs ....I used MSI afterburner and ran stress test ....The p cores were not going beyond 4180GHZ even when the max capacity is 4380GHZ ... The temps are also very high around 90-97 degrees ....

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Medhansh, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. It is important to take note that the processor usage depends on the applications used in the system. When the processor usage is high, the temperature of the processor also rises. However, since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support is limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system.

To understand the system’s normal operating temperature range and to report unexpected behavior of the laptop we highly recommend reaching out to Lenovo Support instead. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos