Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

Errors since Pc Upgrade

catacata2
Beginner

Long story short - i upgraded from RX 580 - i5-8400 some gigabyte motherboard to i9 12900kf and RTX 3060 , motherboard z690 ud ddr4 and i have problems while i play same game as before.
I have no clue how to identify the problem,i was using same windows,drivers up to date before everything was cool now i get only crashes. I did some stress tests to memeory,cpu,gpu .. everything was fine .. but is not,any tips , helps is welcome... thanks alot !

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you install the OS from fresh, or just use the same old boot disk as before?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
catacata2
Beginner

everything is new ,got new nvme too,forgot to add to the list

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you remember to install the Chipset Device Software package provided by your motherboard vendor before installing any other driver packages?

...S

0 Kudos
catacata2
Beginner

yup ofc.. always motherboard first than rest..

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello catacata2,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Core™ i9-12900KF Processor (30M Cache, up to 5.20 GHz).  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Can you provide more details about the issue?

2. Which are the games affected?

3. Does the issue persist?

4. Have you updated the drivers for the Nvidia card?

5. Have you updated your BIOS (latest F7)?

6. Have you contacted Gigabyte to check that all drivers and firmware are up to date?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello catacata2,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello catacata2, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos