Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14635 Discussions

Hardware error report

Cthulhu
Beginner

Hello,

My computer bluescreens randomly, and the error code on the blue screen was this:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I read into some previous forums and followed the instructions to do the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool. I attached a text file that contained the general issues.

Please let me know what I could do to fix this, Thanks

-Cthulhu

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Cthulhu, 

Welcome to the communities. We need to be more familiar with your system configuration so we can determine why this error message occurs. As such, please share your SSU logs. When did the BSOD started as well? Are there any changes that you have made on the system before this issue occurs? I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Cthulhu
Beginner

Hey Ramyer,

Here is a text file of the detailed view of the SSU logs. My computer has been having this BSOD issue for at least a month now, I just decided to do something about it now since I have been busy, and the issue didn't bother me too much. 

I haven't downloaded or changed any settings that I know of that could have caused this issue. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Cthulhu

Thank you for sharing the logs. Kindly please allow us sometime to review this details. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible on this thread. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Cthulhu, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon checking the logs, I did found out that your motherboard highly recommends updating your BIOS to the latest F5 version. Kindly please try updating it to this version first and observe the system. 

If the issue still occurs, I highly recommend trying out these steps:

• Try to load the default BIOS setting in your system
  • Update Windows*. Select Start > Settings > Windows Update.
  • Check for overheating issues. Make sure the thermal solution is compatible and installed properly. Refer to troubleshooting overheating issues.
  • Start the system in minimal configuration. Minimal configuration: motherboard, processor, power supply unit, and one DRAM module.
  • Check the power supply to ensure it is suitable for your self-built system.
  • Check for memory issues:
    • Try to have a sufficient amount of memory in your build system.
    • Try different memory sticks.
    • Make sure the memory is seated well.
  • Try another motherboard if possible.
  • Try to get a fresh image of the operating system.

You may also visit this article for reference: Troubleshooting Tips for Random System Crashes on an Intel® Boxed Processor

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Cthulhu, 

How is your system doing? Do you still experiences the crashes? Feel free to let me know if you encounter any issues and I will be there to assist you. I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Cthulhu
Beginner

Hi Raymer M.

Apologies for the late reply, I have been quite busy recently.

I was able to update my motherboard from F3 to F5 with not much trouble. The bluescreening issue has not appeared since Wednesday (5/8/24) when I updated the motherboard. 

Thank you for the efficient and straightforward response with this issue saving me some money from the local tech store.

I will be sure to reach out again if I have any extra difficulties.

Thanks again,

Cthulhu

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Cthulhu, 

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved. It is our pleasure to assist you. For now we will consider this case as closed. Should you need assistance in the future, we highly encourage you to create a new post as this one will no longer be monitored.

We wish you the best in your future endeavors! 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos