Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Haswell EX E7 V3 and the cluster-on-die QPI snoop mode

JSaun1
Beginner

Hi,

Does the Haswell EX E7 V3 have the cluster-on-die QPI snoop mode? I have been unable to find clear documentation that states it either way. All documentation is focused on the EP E5 V3 processors.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Jeremy,

I understand your comments and I have reported that in order to improve our quality of support. I will also report that you contacted our Contact Center and had a negative experience (please send me the ticket number you created via Private Message) and I will take action, again... I apologize for the inconvenience in getting your question quickly addressed.

When I said: COD up to 4S refers to Cluster on Die up to 4S when cluster on die (COD) operation mode is supported allowing CPU's multiple columns of cores. 4S means 4 SOCKETS, it is not number 45 but 4 Sockets.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos
JSaun1
Beginner

Hi Ronny,

Thank you for the clarification. I see you have edited your previous answers and changed from"45" to "4S". The e-mails of updates to this thread definitely show a 5 and not an S. This now makes complete sense and finally after almost 10 weeks I have the answers I need!

My questions were simple, but communication and contact from Intel is extremely poor!

And then you get people like @langtu that make irrelevant comments on threads without reading the questions being asked. The forum moderator should be on top of this!

I'm unable to locate the Contact Center ticket number. That was at least 12 weeks (3 months) ago now. But my tweets to @IntelAPJ and @intel are visible. My twitter handle is @jeremysaunders .Not a single response! This shows arrogance and lack of care!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Jeremy,

I really apologize for all the time and effort you spent to get this information, honestly it was a bit difficult for me too due to the fact that details like that are not publicly documented and extracting from internal documentation and going through the authorization to make it public is not easy but no excuses, we failed to provide you with a clear expectation from the very beginning and failed to get back to you quickly. I hope that you give us a chance to assist you better on next time and I am glad to hear that you finally have the information that you were looking for.

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos