Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14530 Discussions

How does th PTPP work?

retryNN
Beginner

So I bought a PTPP from Intels tuning plan site and I got my activation code but I just dont get it what I need to do next with the said code.

Do I just "store" it until I need it or do I need to activate the code with my CPU somehow ? 

I've tried to use the search function on this site but didnt find any "real" answer for my question or I just overlooked it somehow... so please be kind.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello retryNN

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your concerns, we would like to inform you that since you already received the code, then there is no need for you to register the code since you are an end-user.

You just need to keep the code and the PTPP order with you and provide it in the case of contacting Intel® Customer Support when requesting warranty assistance due to failures caused by overclocking. The Performance Tuning Protection Plan provides a one-time replacement only for the specific eligible processor for which you purchased the plan.

To sum up, you just need to store the code and provide it at the moment of contacting us due to failures caused by overclocking.

For additional information, please refer to the following link:

Performance Tuning Protection Plan FAQs >> https://tuningplan.intel.com/faq

Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello retryNN

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding your inquiry, please allow us to look into it and we will be posting back in this thread as soon as possible.

In the meantime, could you please confirm the exact model of the processor for which you bought the Performance Tuning Protection Plan?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
retryNN
Beginner

I bought the PTPP for my i9-9900k. Im just not sure what I need to do with my activation key. Store it and keep it for a possible RMA later or do I need to link both products before anything else can be done. I just want to be sure that im doing everything in the right way.

best regards

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello retryNN

Thank you for your response. We are going to send you an email to the email address associated with your profile in order to gather some additional details about your activation key inquiry.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello retryNN

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regarding your concerns, we would like to inform you that since you already received the code, then there is no need for you to register the code since you are an end-user.

You just need to keep the code and the PTPP order with you and provide it in the case of contacting Intel® Customer Support when requesting warranty assistance due to failures caused by overclocking. The Performance Tuning Protection Plan provides a one-time replacement only for the specific eligible processor for which you purchased the plan.

To sum up, you just need to store the code and provide it at the moment of contacting us due to failures caused by overclocking.

For additional information, please refer to the following link:

Performance Tuning Protection Plan FAQs >> https://tuningplan.intel.com/faq

Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello retryNN

We noticed that this thread has been marked as "Solved" so we will proceed to close it now.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos