Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14653 Discussions

I5-4690K high usage cpu in games

MKože
Beginner

Hello i have little problem with my cpu i just one day turn my pc up and get big usage cpu in games and i dont know why normal usage 30-50% MAX now 80%+++++ i trying find answers but failed i try this cpu on 2 motherboard and same problemm trying find virus but not find and trying update all in my windows and too its ok than i must ask here because dont know what me can do please help i have all drivers current and 2 time reinstalling pc

My motherboard: -- ASUS B85M GAMER GAMING MB

my graphic --- gtx 1060 gainware

650w source

2x4gb Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1600MHz CL10 HyperX Fury Blue Series

and have 2monitors

in my 1060 is 144Hz benQ monitor and in intel graphic second monitor and using my BenQ main monitor

@

Ty for all help and answers

Sorry for my bad english ty

0 Kudos
27 Replies
idata
Employee

Sure, I understand. Like mentioned before your processor is fine, it is behaving as expected; under the parameters that were set. You can always replace the processor, but the behavior with the replacement unit might be the same since its under the expected numbers.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

intel_corp ye but you know how me see 3.50GHz and 3.5GHz and with turbo boost going on 3.9GHz but test told going on 3.7GHz and its not possible how he can go on 3.7 maybe problem with turbo boost but i dont know why alll my game and proces using all processor ´´power´´ (GHz) going on all running proces on 3.7 and its not normal why he using all power when he dont need use all thats problem when he doesnt need on some low program/not hard games power and its are surprised because im disappointed because cant repair it. This doesnt make sence i never see this problem thats take me down

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, and there is always the option to replace the processor in your case.

Regards,

Amy

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

ye but it cost lot of and im study then dont have money for another

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In case you decide to go for it, you can always check the replacement options for your units with our support. See below for the contact information;

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
MKože
Beginner

its ok but ty for trying to help me

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Regards,

Amy.