Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14717 Discussions

I7 13700k issues

Denshine
Beginner

Hi!

i have a i7 13700k and have some major issues with my setup.

games and programs crash out of the blue often leving no message at all.

first i thougt it was the gpu due to geting a error messages like " gpu run out of memory" when rendering in blender.

i will include the chat history i had with Nvidia below.

after testing alot of diferent things i now think it could be a heat issue with the cpu (it have had a temp of 101c at most before crashing blender)

i know 101c is to much but can this issue make programs crash with no error messege and when i get a messege its pointing to the gpu??

sorry for my extremly bad spelling.

--------------------------------------------------

chat history below (starts at the bottom)

Response By Email (David) (02/02/2024 12:01 PM)
Not sure why the apps reported gpu memory issue. Certainly two graphics cards can not have the same memory problem. It could be a glitch with the apps. One thing worth checking is make sure GPU specs(clock, memory clock etc...) is not overclocked from 3rd party apps(evga precision, msi afterburner etc....) in case these apps don't work well from overclocking.
Customer By CSS Email (- -) (02/01/2024 12:29 PM)
Psu is at 850w and should be enough for my system. 
And it has been replaced so it can't be the psu. 

Why dose battlefield and blender say that the GPU memory is at fault if it's not the GPU? 

I guess the cpu cooler isn't the best but it's for my cpu, it gets a bit hot around 70-80c. I will try replacing it but I can't do that right now due to economic issues. 

Skickat från Outlook för Android

Från: Nvidia Customer Care <nvhelp@nvidia.com>
Skickat: torsdag, februari 1, 2024 8:18:22 PM
Till: den.niklasson@gmail.com <den.niklasson@gmail.com>
Ämne: Crashing issue [Incident: 240102-000381]
Response By Email (David) (02/01/2024 11:18 AM)
Hello,
Its unlikely the card is defective as two cards show the problem. Driver issue is unlikely due to so many games are crashing. Crashing problem like this are common with faulty PSU or underpowered PS so you may want to make sure the PSU meets the specs.
Diagnostic test does not find all memory or CPU defect. Since you have not replaced those parts, these parts could be suspects. You may want to check your CPU heat sink, make sure the heat sink is designed for it and there is enough thermal paste to help dissipate heat. Inadequate heat dissipation has been known to cause crashing problem.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

-David
Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/26/2024 07:10 PM)
Hi.
No the ram and cpu hasent been changed but the cpu has been in a service center and they said it's nothing wrong whit it.
I did a ram test and nothing came up as faulty. 
I have reset the bios to default, no change. 

Games/software
Blender 
Start citizen 
Call of duty 
Battlefield 2042

Diablo 4 has crashed a few times but the above crashes every time. 

Often with no error messages. Battlefield has crashed and said it was something with the GPU memory. 

Blender did this to after hours of digging around on Google. 

Den fre 26 jan. 2024 21:57Nvidia Customer Care <nvhelp@nvidia.com> skrev:

Response By Email (David) (01/26/2024 12:57 PM)
Hello,
My colleague escalated your case to me for further review. From your info and troubleshooting, its too early to tell what is causing the games to crashed.  At this point, more isolation is needed to find the culprit.

Did you replace the RAM and CPU?

Did you reset the SBIOS to factory default setting?

What exact game titles are crashing?

What was the CPU and GPU temperature when the crash occurred? Its important to monitor this as many issues are caused by overheating. Its unlikely problem is caused by the 3060Ti hardware defect since you were able reproduced the problem on two cards.

Did you tweak any RAM or CPU related settings in your mobo SBIOS? Try to set them to default if you did.

Best regards,

-David

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/11/2024 09:30 AM)
Ok thank you

Skickat från Outlook för Android

Response By Email (Ali) (01/11/2024 09:28 AM)
Hello,

Your case is being escalated to our Level 2 Tech Support group.  The Level 2 agents will review the case notes and may attempt to recreate your issue or find a workaround solution if possible.  As this process may take some time we ask that you be patient and a Level 2 tech will contact you as soon they can to help resolve your issue.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/11/2024 09:07 AM)

Skickat: den 11 januari 2024 18:00

Response By Email (Ali) (01/11/2024 09:00 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would require some additional details about your system software and hardware configuration. Please provide me the latest msinfo report, so I will be able to assist you further on your issue by providing relevant troubleshooting steps:

Please perform the following steps to send us the "msinfo32" (system configuration) file.

a) Press Windows logo key + R (Together), It will open the Run command BOX.
b) In the Open field, type in "msinfo32" without quote and then press the OK button.
c) This will bring up the Microsoft System Information Utility. Click on File and then save to save this information to your hard drive. You may give it any name you choose.
d) Once the file has been saved on your hard drive, attach it to this support request so that we could review your system configuration.
e) Please attach the file using the attach button at the bottom of the chat window

You may also refer the article to know how to generate msinfo report - https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/kw/system%20information 

Looking forward to your update.

Best Regards,
Ali
NVIDIA Customer Care

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/10/2024 04:14 AM)
i get this sometimes when battlefield 2042 crashes.

Skickat: den 8 januari 2024 19:20

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/09/2024 04:54 AM)
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WIFI  90MB1D80-M0EAY0 BIOS: 1604 (latest)
GPU: MSI RTX 3060TI Gaming X 8G LHR S/N1:602-V397-276SB2112004916   CHK:6DA
CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K 3.4 GHz 54MB Raptor Lake
PSU: Gigabyte Ultra Durable 850W v2 PCIe5
RAM: Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 7200MHz CL34 Vengean
HDD: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVMe SSD Gen 4 500GB, + Kingston Fury Renegade M. 2 NVMe SSD Gen 4 1TB

yes i have tested both of them and the same problem is present. i have tested both on another motherborad to and same problem.
i have also installed a fresh copy of windows, same problem.

Skickat: den 8 januari 2024 19:20

Response By Email (Ali) (01/08/2024 10:20 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

To properly debug the issue, I will need some additional details about your system configuration. Please provide the following:

- Help me with the make and model of the motherboard?
- What is the exact BIOS version installed on your motherboard?
- Have you tested the different RTX 3060 Ti GPU on same motherboard and does it exhibit the same issue?
- Help me with the part number and serial number of the card.

Best Regards,
Ali
NVIDIA Customer Care

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/07/2024 03:54 AM)
still crashes, bios is updated to the latest version.

Skickat: den 4 januari 2024 21:49

Response By Email (Ali) (01/04/2024 12:49 PM)
Thank you for the reply and sorry to hear that the issue still persists.

Please disable the Hardware acceleration and check if that helps?

1.     Open settings and click/tap on the System icon.
2.     Click/tap on Display on the left side and click/tap on the Graphics settings link on the right side.
3.     Click/tap on the Change default graphics settings link under Default settings at the top.
4.     Turn off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling for what you want.
5.    Restart the computer to apply.

If the issue remains same then make sure that you are using the latest motherboard BIOS.

Updating the BIOS bring more stability and reliability on the system. Like operating system and driver revisions, a BIOS update contains feature enhancements or changes that help keep your system software current and compatible with other system modules (hardware, firmware, drivers, and software) as well as providing security updates and increased stability.

BIOS must be updated manually, and it is also recommended to contact the motherboard or system manufacturer regarding this, as they will be able to check the compatible BIOS as well as provide instruction to install it. Please note: Updating the incompatible BIOS or with improper steps may corrupt the system completely.

Best Regards,
Ali
NVIDIA Customer Care

Customer By CSS Email (- -) (01/02/2024 11:04 AM)
it dident work

Skickat: den 2 januari 2024 20:03

Chat By Chat (Ali) (01/02/2024 11:03 AM)
[10:39:49 AM]Hi, my name is Ali. How may I help you?
[10:41:11 AM]marcus niklasson: hi ali, i got a problem with what i think is a driver or gpu problem. all gpu intensive activities allways crashes to desktop. no error mesage.
[10:41:58 AM]Ali: Hi marcus
[10:42:01 AM]marcus niklasson: i have changed the psu, motherboard and tryed a nother 3060ti but with same reasults.
[10:42:03 AM]Ali: Please be assured that I will put all my effort to resolve the issue or point you in the right direction.

Firstly, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
[10:42:13 AM]Ali: From when you started experiencing this issue? Did you make any software or hardware changes?
[10:43:18 AM]marcus niklasson: i bought all new components exept the 3060ti that i already had in my old computer. this was in january last year
[10:44:04 AM]marcus niklasson: i have uninstalled the drivers with ddu and reinstaled the in safe mode
[10:44:16 AM]Ali: Is it mostly happening when you are playing games/
[10:44:17 AM]Ali: ?
[10:44:42 AM]marcus niklasson: games and blender. heaven benchmark works every time so far
[10:45:33 AM]Ali: Alright
[10:45:43 AM]Ali: Can you please check the Integrity of the windows image by running the DISM and SFC scan now command?

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000126064/how-do-i-run-the-system-file-checker-in-microsoft-windows

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.  When it cannot repair the damage DISM should be run to fix as many errors as possible.
[10:46:33 AM]marcus niklasson: how do i do that?
[10:47:22 AM]Ali: Steps are given on the above link
[10:47:29 AM]marcus niklasson: ok
[10:47:36 AM]Ali: Thanks
[10:55:37 AM]marcus niklasson: the sfc is don
[10:55:41 AM]marcus niklasson: done
[10:56:12 AM]Ali: What was the message appeared at the end?
[10:56:30 AM]marcus niklasson: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\
[10:57:07 AM]Ali: Could you please restart the PC now and check if you have the same issue even after restart?
[10:57:27 AM]marcus niklasson: yes
[10:57:37 AM]marcus niklasson: but the chat will disapear
[10:58:15 AM]Ali: The chat may not be available after reboot, Once we disconnect this session, I will send follow-up to your email id along with case reference #. Please reply back to that email with the result, it will directly come to me.
[10:58:36 AM]marcus niklasson: ok thanks
[10:59:48 AM]Ali: You are welcome
[11:00:19 AM]'marcus niklasson' is currently 'Absent'.
Approximately 120 seconds until disconnect.
[11:02:19 AM]'marcus niklasson' is currently 'Disconnected'.
[11:02:19 AM]'marcus niklasson' disconnected ('Participant Left').
Response By Email (Ali) (01/02/2024 11:03 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is a follow-up email with reference to our Chat conversation regarding the reported issue.

Please let us know about the issue status after performing the suggested steps. Eagerly waiting for the result.

Note : When you reply to this email please erase / remove the previous quotes simply by selecting and deleting them all. The older quotes really make very difficult to view the case history.

Best regards,
Ali
NVIDIA Customer Care

Chat By (Bot) (01/02/2024 10:32 AM)
TRANSCRIPT: 121786
CHAT SESSION ID: 31b778ef-cb9c-45f4-ac29-ee799a40712b
DATE CREATED: 01/02/2024 10:32:55
***** CHAT BOT TRANSCRIPT *****

Bot: Welcome to the NVIDIA Support Chatbot Beta. Ask me a complete sentence like: Where to download GeForce hotfix, get my product's warranty information and more. Or, you can ask the bot to speak to a live agent.

Customer: live agent please

Bot: Ok, let me connect you to a human for additional assistance.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine

Thank you for posting in our communities. 

Please allow me some time to coordinate this with my team. I will make sure to keep this thread posted for updates. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine, 

Upon further checking your concern, I noticed you have already tried several troubleshooting steps. Before I coordinate this with my team, kindly please try the following: as I noticed you are using ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WIFI:

1. Diagnose your CPU by trying installing Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15951/intel-processor-diagnostic-tool.html
  2. Please install Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility by using this link:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html and run AVX2 test. Check if failure will appear. 
  3. Change your BIOS Settings to : 
    1. Advanced (F7)
    2. AI Tweaker
    3. SVID Behavior: Change to “Intel’s Fail Safe”
  4. Reboot the OS and run XTU test again and check if the AVX2 test can pass. 
  5. Try to run the games and blender software to see if the issue will appear again. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Denshine
Beginner
Hi. I'm away currently but I will do this when I return next week.
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine, 

Thank you for updating us about your schedule. Feel free to reply to this post once you have tried the troubleshooting steps. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Denshine
Beginner

Hi!

i now have implemented the solisuions you provided and its looking promising.

blender hasent crashed yet, Battlefield nither. Starcitizen did crash but thats most likley star citizen being star citizen.

i will continue testing and get back here if thers any problem.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine, 

I am happy to hear that the troubleshooting worked in your system. I can see that you want to monitor your system so I will keep on monitoring this thread for now. Let us know if the issue persisted or if you are no longer experiencing the crashes.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine, 

How are you doing? Did the issue occurred again? Feel free to let us know of the results. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Denshine, 

I hope everything is well in your system. As we have not heard a response from you in the past days, we will proceed in closing this thread. Feel free to post a new question in case you need further help as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos