Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14656 토론

I9--14900K CRC-Error while unpacking ZIP Files and Bluescreens - Hot CPU

Gradye
초급자
2,701 조회수

My System:

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX ICE (BIOS F3)

Memory 2 x 24 GB GSkill F5-7600 Ram (DDR5-7600 / PC5-60800 DDR5 SDRAM UDIMM)

CPU Intel Core i9-14900K

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING OC 8G (GV-N2080GAMING OC-8GC)

Watercooling Sharkoon S90 RGB AIO 360 mm

Behavior:

At the beginning I still have a benchmark score with the Intel Extreme Tuning Tool in the standard settings of a little more than 8000 points, after I noticed the problems, I made the attempts to stabilize the system and get at least approximately suitable performance. Now I reach a maximum of 5000 points in the benchmark and notice that the system is unstable and even slower. I´m not only get CRC errors when unpacking ZIP files, but also regular bluescreens. Apps are closing without a message and the temperature is above the Limit, when idle, so that the power will reduce without a reason.

Tested:

I change the Thermal paste (Aairhut GX-14 Thermal Paste, 15.7W/m.k)

I have already tried several settings and adjusted the power limits. In the meantime I have switched off the INTEL Turbo function and still have an unstable system with not even close to the performance I paid for. The settings of ICCMAX, CEP, TVB from a Intel Chart. reduce even more performance, so that I am more comfortable on the road than I can say that I have a power CPU. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get into the range I paid for?

0 포인트
32 응답
zzetta
초보자
556 조회수
Yes, these values.

Your cooler is not working correctly, you are reaching 101c with not even 200w.

If your aio is connected to your USB interface I should see it in hwinfo. Show me the whole menu.
0 포인트
Gradye
초급자
535 조회수

No, its not connected to a USB interface

0 포인트
zzetta
초보자
533 조회수
It's imperative to connect it so we can see what's happening.

Also try to take some photos of the cooler in the motherboard, maybe we can see if something is installed wrong.
0 포인트
zzetta
초보자
508 조회수
Also show me a full hwinfo screenshot with all the stats. I need to see other things like vid and vcore, vout.
0 포인트
Gradye
초급자
462 조회수

As I mentioned in the titel, the temperatures are only a minor issue. The CRC errors during unpacking and programs simply exiting or not starting at all bother me. And only with Turbo Mode disabled, the CRC errors and program startup issues disappear. As I wrote earlier, I've tried this with several cooling methods. It would be quite a coincidence if the pump, air cooling, and memory all had defects, or if I were too clumsy when mounting the cooler.

0 포인트
zzetta
초보자
455 조회수
Maybe the baseline profile is persisting through the bios reflash. Turn off the PC, turn off the PSU, pull out the bios battery from the motherboard, press the power button for 10 seconds with psu off. Reinstall the bios battery, turn on PC. And then in windows give me a screenshot of hwinfo with voltages and temperatures, but after you stress the PC for a bit.

The picture you sent shows a very low vcore, yet the temps are still too high. 45c for not even 1v is suspect.
0 포인트
Gradye
초급자
452 조회수

That will have to wait, as I have an appointment. Thank you for your help so far, and I'll post the result when I get the chance. Have a great day!

0 포인트
zzetta
초보자
436 조회수
When you do the reset, you could try to reseat the cpu into the socket too, and then reapplying thermal paste and mounting the cooler.
0 포인트
Gradye
초급자
235 조회수

I've rechecked everything, including the water cooling. It cools sufficiently in another system, which has a less powerful CPU. So it seems I indeed have a defective water cooler. I've already requested a replacement as it's still under warranty. At the moment, I'm using an air cooler. However, this doesn't explain the CRC errors, automatic closing of programs, or the failure of programs to start when I activate the Intel Boost options. I've also limited the memory to 5500 MHz and haven't enabled XMP.

0 포인트
zzetta
초보자
231 조회수
I'm happy that you managed to find the cooling issue.

Now, make sure you have the latest bios for your gigabyte board, reset to defaults, then follow my guide to fix the instability issue specifically made for gigabyte motherboards.

You should settle around 55, 60 IA AC for maximum stability. That was the case for my chip. Yours might be stable at even lower values. Report back please.
0 포인트
michealbraydenn
초급자
402 조회수

It sounds like you've tried quite a few troubleshooting steps already. Have you considered reaching out to Intel's customer support? They might be able to provide solutions or insights into what could be causing the instability.

0 포인트
응답