Beginner

Hello,

My pc Spec :

Intel Core i9-14900KF

MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2, schwarz - 360mm

MSI Z790 Gaming Plus WIFI

32Go DDR5 RAM 5600 MHz ADATA XPG Lancer RGB

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080 Super - 16 Go - GIGABYTE Gaming OC

I have this problem since I bought the pc and I have seen a recent update on it but nothing has worked for me.

When I am playing video games, or just sometimes when I use my pc my temp on the CPU spikes to 100C in few sec and just lower when the CPU is not used. 

Idle temp is around 40C when I am writing this so I don't think my cooler is the problem. 

I have tried to change my bios settings with the recent update of MSI BIOS but none of the changes that MSI told have worked for me.

I have tried to undervolt, underclock, deactivating the boost of my processor, but nothing has changed.

Another friend got the same pc has me the only things that differ is the motherboard and for him the temp are normal. 

So I think my problem is somewhere in the BIOS but I can't find it and I am not experienced enough to modify values and test them to stabilise the temp of my CPU.

So if you have anything i can test to lower the temp without impacting too much the performance it could be good to test.

I want to get rid of the 100C temps that make my pc go like an airplane with my fan at 100% RPM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tackel33
Beginner

Thank you for everyone who will help me. My English is not very good but I did my best to be as understandable as possible

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

read thix:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/The-fault-is-not-in-your-processor-but-in-your-motherboard/td-p/1591870

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos