Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14590 Discussions

Intel 1215U PL1-PL2-PL3-PL4

aydinsenol
Beginner

I have a 1215U model processor. I would be very grateful if you could answer all my questions below.

-15W for PL1 on intel specs. 55W is reported for the PL2.  Would it be a problem to set PL1 to 20W and PL2 to 55W in BIOS settings?

-If I take the PL1 value out of the intel standards, will it cause any problems other than the temperature? If I have a good cooling system, can I play with the PL1 value?

-Is it possible for you to explain what the PL1, PL2, PL3 and PL4 values are one by one, and what problems will I encounter when I play with these values?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello aydinsenol, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I see you have some questions related to PL values in your Intel® Core™ i3-1215U Processor, I will be happy to help you.  

To know what your hardware is and to have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello aydinsenol,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello aydinsenol,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos