Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Intel 7820x Core CPU BSOD's

PKrza
Beginner

Configuration

Intel i7 7820x + MSI SLI PLUS x299. Last BIOS and drivers.

My problem

When Intel Turbo Bost is activated in BIOS, Photoshop CC 2017, Bridge CC 2017, After Effects CC 2017 crashes imidietly with BSOD.

When I disable Turbo Boost Max 3.0 nothing changes. It is impossible to deinstall Turbo Boost Max 3.0.

But when i deactivate Turbo Boost in BIOS Adobe program works perfect.

Other programs works normal in Turbo Boost.

Any solution for this problem ?

0 Kudos
43 Replies
JSima1
Novice

I removed the offset and I set my multiplier on each core instead of auto (to 44) and I increase vccin and corvoltage abit and now I don't have anymore some core with less speed.

I did some 3D rendering without blue screen so far. I'll let it render all night I will see. But the temperature is not that bad.

HWinfo64 is telling me it's not throttling

0 Kudos
KLevu
Beginner

A year has passed

The problem was not solved

There was several updates of the BIOS for my motherboard from ASUS

With the version of the bios PRIME X299-A BIOS 1102, any game BSOD. That is, it is impossible to play on the PRIME X299-A + 7820X platform. But this is not the main thing.

The problem is that everything related to graphics creates a BSOD

I can roll back the bios to an earlier one and the problem with the games will go away.

Now there is a version of PRIME X299-A BIOS 1401 from 2018/06/15. But this also does not solve the problem.

In fact, the computer on the 7820X for work can only be used with applications written in JAVA and which are 2D.

I think the platform itself was not working. That is, the product does not comply with the declared characteristics. The entire platform is on the 2066 socket. Otherwise, you could solve this problem by updating Bios. But that did not happen.

I would like to know if this is a warranty case?

p/s NTEL please do not ask me to reinstall windows, update drivers and bios.

If you are interested:

my power supply Sea Sonic Electronics Prime Ultra Titanium 750W

Video card EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

When installing a video card GTX280 = no BSOD

If we put EVGA GTX 1080 FTW in my old computer on intel 4630k from Sea Sonic Electronics Prime Ultra Titanium 750W = no BSOD

0 Kudos