Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14698 Discussions

Intel Core i9-14900KF and AVX2 support

AWForged
Beginner

Hi.

I have a question.

Does i90-49000KF support AVX2? There is information on the processor's website that yes. But after running the Processor Identification Utility, the program shows that the processor does not support AVX2. Does this mean there is an error on Intel's website? Website address https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/236787/intel-core-i9-processor-14900kf-36m-cache-up-to-6-00-ghz/specifications.html . Advanced Technologies section and there is: Instruction Set Extensions Intel® SSE4.1, Intel® SSE4.2, Intel® AVX2.

Is there something else that needs to be turned on in the Windows 11 settings to support the processor?

Regards

Tomek

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pressed_for_time
New Contributor I

Your processor does support AVX2, not all references say this but it is the case. There is nothing that needs to be turned on in Windows 11 to activate it.

It is correct that the Intel Processor Identification Utility lists Intel Advanced Vector Technologies under CPU Technologies, not specifically AVX2. But you can be assured your processor definitely has AVX2 capabilities. 

0 Kudos
AWForged
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for answer.

But... The Adobe Creative Cloud application does not want to install new applications and informs that the processor does not support AVX2 (or AVX) instructions. 

CPU-Z and HWiNfo64 also show that the processor does not support these instructions. 

I'm attaching a screenshot

0 Kudos
pressed_for_time
New Contributor I

There are sources that claim it is possible to disable/enable AVX support in Windows 10/11 but this does involve using a specific command to do this. This command is  `bcdedit /set xsavedisable 0` to turn  on AVX support and `bcdedit /set xsavedisable 1` to turn it off. To run these commands press the Windows key + X and select Terminal (admin). Use at your own risk, I have not tried them myself.

0 Kudos
AWForged
Beginner

Thanks for the answer. The commands didn't work. It turned out that the option to support AVX instructions was disabled in UEFI. 

So the problem is solved. Thank you for your commitment to help.

0 Kudos