Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14823 Discussions

Intel Driver & Support Assistant Error

bluecatman
Beginner

Hi. This is my first post and I know nothing about processors/drivers so please forgive me if I get anything wrong! When using the Assistant I get this error message:

"Installing this graphics driver from Intel will remove customizations from your computer manufacturer (OEM)".  This is related to the Assistant's suggestion that I install a driver: Intel® Arc™ Pro Graphics - Windows" 

A link (now gone!) took me to information about what to do depending on which generation my processor is. This info went up to 12th gen but my processor is 13th gen. I also checked and found that my current graphics driver is a Windows DCH driver - this apparently informs what, if anything, I should do.

So basically I now have no idea whether I should install the new driver or do nothing. I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 11 Home and as far as I can tell there are no driver updates awaiting installation. If anyone is able to guide me on this I would be very grateful. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello bluecatman,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand your concern about this waning from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.

In this case, our drivers are generic and the drivers from the laptop manufacturer are customized to work perfectly with the laptop and meet the manufacturer's standards. 

Intel drivers do not necessarily damage your laptop, but if Samsung driver implemented a fix or correction for this laptop, you may suffer performance issues due to the lack of customizations that were added into their drivers. I recommend you use the driver from Samsung and only use Intel drivers as part of troubleshooting if you are experiencing issues with your laptop.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello bluecatman, 

I am following up because I want to know if you need additional information or to know if you need my assistance.

I will be waiting for your next response.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello bluecatman,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos