Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14657 Discussions

Intel Driver and Support Assistant -

Ritchie1953
Beginner

Hello.

Not sure what is going on, or even whether the "Select Location" option is correct.

I dipped into the usual Driver and Support assistant page to see if there were any updates I needed for my 2022 Samsung Galaxy Book Pro Laptop.

Never ever had a problem before, but now I had had the following message in an endless loop for about 3 weeks every time I go into the Intel Driver and Support Assistant page .....

A new version of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant is installing..........Please wait for the update to complete.

This is accompanied by the timer indicator device going round and round....

This is now constantly displayed - how do I either force the version to download OR escape out of this loop ?  Do I uninstall and re-install ?  If I do that, will I lose all the updates I have previously downloaded ?

Help !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Ritchie1953, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In reference to your question about reinstalling the application, no, if it is necessary to reinstall the tool you will not lose the updates/drivers previously installed.

In the following link, you will find some troubleshooting steps to attempt in order to try to fix this issue. Even though it is related to a different situation, will still help us with this scenario:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026895.html

If the problem persists after that, then please provide the information requested in this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000056654/software/software-applications.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ritchie1953
Beginner

Thank you Albert !

Problem sorted. 

Really appreciate the prompt response AND a solution that works !!!!

Happy days, and have a great New Year.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Ritchie1953, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for your response.

Perfect, it is great to hear the information provided previously was useful for you, and now the Intel® DSA tool is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Happy Holidays to you too.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos