Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

Intel Dynamic Link Rate Management (DLRM)

Simpson_C
Beginner

Such terminology apprears from a product requirement documentation. But I can't find any document related to this.

Is there any Content ID I can try?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities.

For us to further assist you, can you provide more details about your inquiry?

Why do you need a Content ID and tell us more about product requirement documentation. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,
Michael L.
Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Mike

Thanks for the prompt repsonse.

Let me make it more clear: our customer give us a product requirement ofr our SSD that we should be compatible with the Intel Dynamic Link Rate Management. But so far no body can find the specic definition of such terminology either through google or intel research & documentation center.

I'm sure whether this is still a confidential feature or a open topic.

Let know if you have in insight for us.

BRs

Simpson

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

Thank you for the quick reply

Just to clarify, you only want the definition of Intel Dynamic Link Rate Management?

Any another information that you want to know? I am just gathering the details so that we can check if the information is available. 

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,
Michael L.
Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Mike

Definition of Intel Dynamic Link Rate Management (DLM) would be the first priority answer I need.

Also, from our customer request, DLM apprears together with PCIe. If there's any extra information abou t the relationship between DLM and PCIe would be also helpful for me.

Appreciate your kind assistance.

BRs

Simpson

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

Thank you for the clarification.

Alright, we will do further checking on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

We just want to update you that we are still checking this inquiry.

While doing that, we also want to gather more details:

1. Can you please explain in which context you are asking this information?
  2. Can you share a screenshot or website/links where you get the information about DLRM?
  3. Any additional information about DLRM that can easily check which unit this feature is related.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Mike

I can't give you the screen shot sincei it's an internal document with our customer.

I can say we first see this in the Gen5 Client SSD requriment document from our customer.

Maybe it's related to PCIe.

Appreciate your assistance.

Simpson

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

That is the reason we wanted you to provide more details about it because we tried checking every features and terminologies for the processor however we cannot find this. So to further check and identify the product that applies this, we are asking if you can provide more information.

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Simpson_C
Beginner

Hi Mike

We get the following, the only description, request from our customer:

"Need to support Intel Dynamic Link Rate Management (DLRM) for PCIe Gen5 Client SSD"

Let's try it again and let us know if you have any good news

BRs

Simpson

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Simpson_C,

Thank you for this additional information.

I will have this checked again and provide an update on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos