Processors
Processors (Intel® Core™, Intel® Xeon®, etc); processor utilities and programs (Intel® Processor Identification Utility, Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility, Intel® Easy Streaming Wizard, etc.)
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12777 Discussions

Intel Extreme Utility: Undervolt Protection?

_Stuart_
Beginner

Installed the new version of Intel Extreme Utility (from a third party as Intel STILL has the incorrect link).

The version I had been using was great, no issues (why did I change!!!!!)

This version will only work if I set Undervolt Protection to ENABLE in the BIOS.

Previous version worked fine with BIOS set to Auto.

Naturally setting this to ENABLE now prevents me from undervolting which is the ONLY reason I use this software!

Please not.  No changes to my BIOS were made.  Every thing else is the same as when I used the previous version (sadly deleted (no clue what version it was) or I would have re-installed it).

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello _Stuart_,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues using the Intel® XTU tool.

I understand that you installed the toll from a third-party website, as you mentioned that there is an incorrect link, could you share with us where is the incorrect link you mentioned? And let us know why you believe it is an incorrect link.

Since this is an unofficial version of the tool, I would like you to uninstall this version and install the official Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) version. Try these steps:

• Uninstall the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    • Use the Windows 10 Apps and Features.
    • Search for Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
    • Click Uninstall.
  • Open the Task Manager.
    • Check under Processes for XtuService.
    • If found, click End Task.
  • Download and install the Intel® XTU application.

Also, if the issue is still present with the latest official application, create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU). This report will gather information from your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue.

• Download the Intel SSU
  • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
  • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
  • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello _Stuart_,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

_Stuart_
Beginner

As I said, and as others had already mentioned, the incorrect link was Intel's own:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/17881/intel-extreme-tuning-utility-intel-xtu.html

Intel have fixed their link as it appears to download the correct version.

"Since this is an unofficial version of the tool"

Techradar do NOT produce unofficial versions of XTU.

"Also, if the issue is still present with the latest official application"

Again I was using the latest official application.

Not surprisingly uninstalling the 7.10.0.65 and reinstalling 7.10.0.65 made no difference (as its the same)

Undervolting isn't allowed as XTU will not load without it disabled in BIOS.
Disabled - XTU loads
Enabled - XTU fails to load
Auto - XTU fails to load

_Stuart_
Beginner

_Stuart__0-1674490281399.png

It actually now states that XTU will NOT work unless undervolt protection is enabled in BIOS.

The only reason many use this program is to undervolt intels CPUs as they are sent far too high volts on auto.

Jean_Intel

Hello _Stuart_,

I noticed that the error message you shared informs that there is a system incompatibility. It is important to mention that the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility only works for Intel® Core™ processors that include the letter K or X in the product line suffix.

Share with me the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) report. As I mentioned before, it will be helpful to further troubleshoot your issue.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel

Hello _Stuart_,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

_Stuart_
Beginner

"I noticed that the error message you shared informs that there is a system incompatibility. It is important to mention that the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility only works for Intel® Core™ processors that include the letter K or X in the product line suffix."

I had said:
"The version I had been using was great, no issues"

"Also, if the issue is still present with the latest official application, create a report using the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU). This report will gather information from your system that will help us troubleshoot your issue."

Seriously!
Tried submitting a webticket via your SSU.

It failed. 

intel fail again.jpg

This was the result.
Nothing has changed.
This is the same system, same BIOS etc 
ONLY difference is the new version of XTU.

_Stuart__1-1674862837997.png

Is this ai?

Jean_Intel

Hello _Stuart_,

Let us look into this and we will get back to you at our earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.