Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

Intel ME components

alex419
Beginner

alex419_0-1699980457908.png

hi, i want to ask is normal that my intel ME componets are 7.58mb or install error ?

using asrock b660m pro rs/ax  board

i used windows update first then only download from asrock website

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The first package that you install from the provided package set must be the Intel Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) package.  Not having this package installed can cause other packages to fail to install. A reboot is necessary after installing it before attempting any other packages.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
alex419
Beginner

alex419_1-1700026724287.png

i have reformat my pc again and let windows updates first then only download INF from asrock websites and install then is intel management engine components

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @alex419  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

If I may jump into the conversation, the Intel® Management Engine is an embedded microcontroller (integrated on some Intel chipsets) running a lightweight microkernel operating system that provides a variety of features and services for Intel® processor–based computer systems. That's the information we have regarding Intel ME and the weight of the driver is variable. You can see more information here: What is Intel® Management Engine? 

If you are having issues with Intel ME drivers/controllers, you need to reach out to your System Manufacturer for assistance, as this driver is provided by them. Where to Find Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) Windows* Drivers for Laptops or Desktop Systems 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @alex419    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us back and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos