Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14616 Discussions

Intel VT-rp on Core i7-14700K & i9-14900K

total_muppet
Beginner

Hi,

The product pages for the Core i7 14700K & i9 14900K do not list Intel VT-rp as available on these products. However, Intel VT-rp is available on the Core i7 13700K & i9 13900K.

Here is a screenshot of the product compare tool for these models:

image.png

Is Intel VT-rp actually not present on the 14th gen CPUs above (but present on the equivalent 13th gen CPUs), or is it some oversight in the product pages on Ark ?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @total_muppet

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand your concern about the Intel® Virtualization Technology with Redirect Protection (VT-rp) on the 14th generation of Intel® Core™ Processors.

We will be more than happy to provide you with the right information. Please allow us to verify this internally, as soon as we have any update we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
oconradsen
Beginner

I have just installed a new HW system  with an Intel i7-14700K,  Asus MB , also tried  ASROCK MB,  64 GB DDR5  and  SAMSUNG SSD.

I try to install Windows 11 Pro,  first part of installation proceed well ,  BOOT from USB , select system and select disk to install etc.  and then install files and make system ready,  but then when the system boot from newly installed  SSD disk (or SATA disk) the system  get bluescreen with Stop code 0xc000021a  

Do I need to disable  some CPU settings to get  system to boot?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@oconradsen   This is a Microsoft windows question:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-stopcode-0xc000021a/e3248c2d-a717-4fd3-9e47-900d9a48bf1d

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello total_muppet

Thank you for patiently waiting.

We just received an update on this matter.

Since vPro® is not officially launched yet and since we cannot provide information about not released products, we cannot share an official response to this feature.

So, once it is released, it will be visible on Ark and Intel documentation.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
total_muppet
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your answer, though it leaves me a bit flabbergasted. Intel's 14th gen CPUs are out there being sold, how can their features not be documented in full yet? Moreover VT-x and VT-d, both components of vPro if I understand correctly, are already listed as available on the i7-14700K and i7-14900K.

Can you at least tell me when, approximately, will vPro be officially launched for 14th gen CPUs?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello total_muppet

Thank you for reply.

We appreciate the feedback and all your comments for future releases.

Right now, the information we have is that it is not available, so please stay tuned to the News & Events and Newsroom.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos