Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14913 Discussions

Intel XTU Speed optimizer

Safran96
Beginner
Hello, my Intel 13600KF was working well with Intel XTU speed optimizer. Yesterday , I updated my motherboard bios (Asus z790-p) and reinstalled windows. Since then, I am unable to use speed optimizer 2.0; after clicking on it, the bar greys out and I get the message under it saying that speed optimizer 2.0 is not supported.
I am still able to manually overclock everything with advanced tuning, which is why I am confused.

I could really use some help, And I appreciate your time.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Safran96,   

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do. 

To assist you further, I would like to confirm the following:

1. Can you take a picture of the option in the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?

2. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

3. What is the brand and model name of your motherboard?

4. What is the BIOS version installed?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Safran96
Beginner

Hello! Thanks for the quick reply.

Here are the responses to your questions:

1) Yes, attached to this post. image.pngimage.png

2) Windows 11 Pro, Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

3) Asus PRIME Z790-P Motherboard.

4) BIOS version 1402

The issue started after I upgraded the BIOS version from launch version to the current, latest version. I hope you can help me with this issue, and thanks for your time. 

Please let me know if you need anything else.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Safran96, 

Thanks for your response. first, I would like to kindly inform you that the Intel Speed Optimizer tab will not be shown in the Intel® XTU if the specific Intel® Desktop Processor SKU is not supported by the ISO feature. In addition to that, it is up to the motherboard manufacturer to enable the feature.  

The ISO is supported for the 12th Generation Intel® Desktop Processor with the letters "K/KF” in its processor number. Since you meet this requirement, I recommend you check if the overclocking lock bit is disabled in the BIOS as well. If this does not work or the option is not available, the last step would be to get in contact with Asus.

Asus will help you to determine if this issue is related to a BIOS limitation placed by them or if was related to a BIOS corruption during the installation.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos