Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14784 Discussions

Intel Xeon E5 2696 v4

JCapo2
Beginner

Intel Xeon E5 2696 v4 + Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1 + Windows 10 (64bit).

I have a un-configured device under the Windows 10 (x64) device manager: "ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3510" (ACPI\INT3510).

We all know that this is related to the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 but I cannot find a suitable driver/application for it.

I have tried the Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0 driver for the Core i7-6950X but it doesn't function. Not only the application that is bundled in the package doesn't function but also the driver is installed with an exclamation mark.

Now I would ask: it's possible that Intel release a CPU and doesn't provide the correct driver/software to configure it under Windows 10 (64bit)?

I hope to receive an answer ASAP: thanks in advance for your attention.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
JWong19
Beginner

Theoretically the work-around is to install a dummy driver. You may use a sample driver from Microsoft then change the ini file for the hardware id prior to installation. Hope this outsider (unofficial) reply can settle your problem. BTW, best support should be from popular (excellent selling) device rather than expensive device. Good support of expensive device is available if it is so expensive as paying the whole team......

0 Kudos