Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14582 Discussions

Intel b560express Black screen with an underscore top left

yooo
Beginner
hello, when i start my pc,I can only see a Black screen with an underscore.neither the keybord nor the mouse work.I haven't touches the hardware yet.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

yoooThank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We are sorry to hear about this issue and we will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

What is the model of the motherboard?

Did you build the PC? If you did not, then please provide the model of the computer.

Is this a new computer?

When did the black screen issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
yooo
Beginner
hi,
so the processor :Intel côte i5-11400F.
the mother board : Intel B560 express.
I did not build the PC myself it came as a whole,It's a Medion erazer engineer p10.
And the Black screen issue started last Saturday ,when i tried to start my pc after forcefully shutting it down since it froze down completly.
i Did not change Nor the software Nor the hardware.
it runs with Windows 11.
it happend at home.
thank you fore your Replay.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi yooo, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for providing that information.

In this case, based on the fact that you did not build the PC, what we recommend as the next thing to do, will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the computer as soon as possible to report this situation. They did the integration of all the parts and this behavior could be related to a different component like HDD, memory RAM, or even the motherboard itself. They also supply the warranty for all the components, they might be able to reproduce the issue using the same exact machine you are working with, provide a fix for it, do a physical inspection of the computer if needed, suggest further troubleshooting steps or technical assistance and ultimately to replace the laptop under their warranty policies. To get in contact directly with them will be the best thing to do for this specific scenario:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
yooo
Beginner
thank you very much for your help and time,

I sent it back to the manufacturer as you suggested.
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

yooo, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

Perfect, that was the best thing to do in this scenario. They should be able to further assist you.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos