Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14674 Discussions

Intel i7-13700k - Very Hot with minimal load

Swampthing
Beginner

Hello

I have recently purchased an i7 as my old AMD processor died along with the motherboard. I've been having some trouble with the intel XTU application where i cant seem to auto overclock or access any of the settings. I have made sure i have the most up to date bios and have reinstalled the application from fresh.

From what I can get to work with the XTU the sensors show very high temperatures at a quite minimal load. I have a significant cpu cooler now and im reaching 100 Celsius almost instantly with a little load. 

Im not 100% savvy with this kinda stuff so im not sure i have too much voltage or ive messed something up in the BIOS not letting me access the settings of the XTU, but ive manged to add a support utility file!

Any help is really appreciated 

Thanks
Ben

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Swampthing
Beginner

Swampthing_0-1698507112661.png

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Swampthing, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you. 

To assist you further, I would like to confirm this:

1. Do you get any "Blue screen of death" or crashes?

2. Is the computer stock at 100°C for a long period of time? Or, do you get spikes?

3. Can you take a picture where I can see your system at 100°C?

4. Did you use to Overclock this computer? Are you using Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (Intel® XMP)?

5. Run and attach the report from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool:

Best regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Swampthing, 

I am following up because I want to know if the heating issue continues or if you were able to fix this issue.

If you need further support, do not forget to reply with the information requested.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Swampthing,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos