Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Intel i7 6700k CPU not getting detected by motherboard

CGold2
Beginner

My motherboard, msi h170a gaming pro Won't detect my CPU. The red light for it is on which means and I quote this from the Manual,"indicates CPU is not detected or fail". The CPU was in a older bad motherboard. The old mother board(h170a gaming pro) wouldn't get power because the board was Bad. Maybe the CPU power cords was giving power and the 24 pin wasn't? all I know is that the CPU and mobo is new and it won't be detected by the motherboard. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, DeGuy:

I would like to get more information in regard to this issue, so please click on this link http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000607.htm POST troubleshooting steps.**, and follow each step in order to isolate this issue.

**The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
jsing21
New Contributor I

Check the CPU on Other Motherboard / if it's not Work then it mean that You have to Change Your CPU

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

17jeevansingh, thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, /thread/102709 DeGuy:

I wanted to check on your case; were you able to track this down? Is your motherboard detecting the CPU?

Let me know your findings.

Regards,

Amy.
0 Kudos