Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14747 Discussions

Is Intel really AI supported? Apple says it’s not.

Anisho
Beginner
Hello,

I see that Intel processors claim about AI support and compatibility. But in reality I doubt it.
The reason is because, Apple recently launched its Logic Pro 11 digital audio workstation. A big bunch of music producers perhaps millions of them (including me) were eagerly waiting for it. But to our shock, Apple released a press note that the AI driven features of that program are not supported in Intel processor based Macs. Features such as Stem splitter and chroma glow are not supported in Intel based Macbook or Mac desktops. These features were the core attraction.
Secondly they brought in big feature called Session player. For that also they recommend non Intel processor based Macs.

Just checking because Intel claims you are AI driven product. But the real AI driven apps and app developers suggests otherwise. Apple Logic Pro is just one example.

I need an answer before I dump / throw away my Intel based MacBook Pro and buy Apple M chip based MacBook Pro.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do your research:  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Anisho
Beginner
Then how come Apple’s new software Logic Pro 11 which thousands of people use only partially supports its core AI features in Intel platforms? And fully supported on Apple processor platforms?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Then ask apple.  Or, are you just trying to start a pro-apple/anti intel discussion?  if so, take it somewhere else.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[If you find any Intel driver you might need, download and save it now.]

0 Kudos
Anisho
Beginner
What are you saying? If your new earphone is not getting paired by any Android OS devices, you contact Android or you contact the earphone manufacturer? Come on. Don’t be so ignorant and clueless. Check this YouTube link.

https://youtu.be/ZL-X5uqDyDs?feature=shared
0 Kudos