Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14581 Discussions

Not possible to use ram frequencies between 5800-6600mhz with I9-14900k

Lega
Beginner

Hello!

I use some Apex Z690 and my old 12700kf was able to set all frequencies.

I don't talk about specific timings, just the stock settings on auto but the 14900k doesn't boot any of them.

5600mhz works and 6800mhz works too but nothing between.

Is there any reason why this happens?

I tried many different things including multiple bios etc.

Thanks for reading and maybe someone knows what's going on.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lega, 

Upon checking the specification for the 14900K, I can confirm that the memory type supported is Up to DDR5 5600 MT/s and

Up to DDR4 3200 MT/s. However, seeing that your case mentions that only 5600 and 6800 MHz works, it would be better to investigate this further. As such please share with us your SSU logs as well. Additionally, what are the part numbers of the RAM that worked in your system? Are configuring a dual channel as well? I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Lega
Beginner

Hello Sir and thanks for the help.

As you wished, I added the report file as an attachment, and my ram model = F5-7200J3445G16X2-TZ5RK

The XMP profile of the RAM is above the specs of my board but usually, there is no problem with using lower clock rates.

As I did with my previous 12700KF, all clock rates worked with auto timings, as I said already.

Maybe you have some idea why this happens but I assume there is some incompatibility with my mobo + RAM + CPU now.

Best regards!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lega!

Thank you for sending us the logs. We will take a look at this internally for you. Before we do so, please share with us this additional details: 

I noticed the RAM you have shared is Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200, when using one stick of RAM, is your system booting up properly? 

If you are using dual configuration, on what slots of the motherboard is the Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 inserted?

I will be waiting for your reply. I also checked the motherboard specs and found out that this RAM is not listed in their support list. If you suspect a compatibility issue with the Memory, I highly recommend contacting ASUS to confirm as this is an Original Equipment Manufacturer device from ASUS. You may also reference this link: Memory Support 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Lega
Beginner

Hello again.

Meanwhile, I found the reason and I came back to share how I fixed it so you can help the next guys, etc.

It's about these two settings in the bios.

BCLK Frequency: DRAM Frequency Ratio

Memory Controller: DRAM Frequency Ratio

Usually, both are set to Auto but this caused the problem in my case.

Once I changed to 1:2 and 100:100 it worked.

I would like to thank you for your kind help and appreciate it very much and wish you all the best!

Best regards!
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello Lega, 

I am happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Sharing the steps you have taken is indeed the best way in empowering our community. You deserve a Kudos! Keep it up! 

For now, we will proceed in closing this case. Should you need assistance in the future, feel free to create a new post and we will be there to assist you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
Lega
Beginner

Hello again!

The Z690 got some update, BIOS 3501, and the problem returned, but there is no workaround this time.

I don't think it's a problem of Intel but I still let you know that the problem persists because it might be relevant in the future.

I wish you the best and thanks for the help again.

Best regards!

0 Kudos