Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Processor frequency

Rajesh_kumar
Beginner
Recently I have buy acer predators Helios 300 with Intel i5 10300H,
But it doesn't cross frequency 4.18 any core /all core. That is advertised 4.5ghz. is it normal?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rajesh_kumar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

The base frequency of the Intel® Core™ i5-10300H Processor is 2.50 GHz, with Turbo Boost* 3.0 the max frequency the processor may reach is 4.50 GHz. As you can see here, the availability and frequency upside of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 depends upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, the following:

• Type of workload
  • Number of active cores
  • Estimated current consumption
  • Estimated power consumption
  • Processor temperature
  • Drive support

So, it is possible that the cores don't reach the 4.50GHz since the PC may not need it with the tasks you are performing since it is dynamic and the frequency varies depending on overall system configuration, not all the cores will increase their frequency or will be working at the same speed.

The information that I can provide you is based on the Intel* specifications, as you are using a laptop, only the system manufacturer is able to confirm if the PC is working or not under the expected since they can customize components to make it appropriate for their systems. In this case, Intel just provides the CPU in stock settings, and we do not have control over any customization that the equipment manufacturer has performed.

We encourage you to contact Acer* so they can guide you and confirm if it is normal behavior to see the PC working with the commented frequency.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Rajesh_kumar,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos