Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14696 Discussions

Really hot 13700kf

Milosz1
Beginner

60 degrees on 13700kf while idle, just hwinfo opened, opened task manager and temps reached 87 degrees, scored 22000 on cinebench, I used it for 30 minutes without paste, bcs after change of the cooler the employee forgot to put it there, is there anything wrong with the cpu?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The processor's mechanisms for protecting against thermal damage should have done their job, presuming the processor was not stressed during this time. I would say that there is a higher chance of the TIM not being adequate or the thermal solution not being properly attached/configured than there is of the processor being damaged by this mishap. Still, anything's possible...

...S

0 Kudos
Milosz1
Beginner

But before the incident with paste, temps were much lower now while watching youtube i get around 60 degrees while my friends with the same setup gets like 40 with 20 other pages, they forgot to put paste after I had my radiator turned around to have the cables on the bottom, I have fans on the top, but the radiator on the front (doesn't fit on top), they have ordered new cpu I'll inform you id it got any better with the new one

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Milosz1

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

Please keep in mind that any value under 100°C is within the Intel specifications, that is the maximum temperature allowed at the processor die.

However, please make sure you have the latest BIOS, also that you are running the default settings. (If you need additional help please contact the system manufacturer).

You can check this information: Overheating Symptoms and Troubleshooting for Intel® Boxed Processors

If the issue persists, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @Milosz1

Thank you for letting us know that you will test the system with a new CPU.

We will wait for the outcome.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Milosz1

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to test the system with another processor?  

Let us know if you still need assistance, do not forget the report. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello Milosz1

We hope you are having a nice day. 

We have not heard back from you. So, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards. 

Jose B.  

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos