Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14573 Discussions

TDX Support - Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6421N

BurgheardQ
Beginner

To whom it may concern,

I would like to ask if the Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6421N support Intel Trusted Domain Extensions (TDX). Unfortunately, the specifications do not provide a detailed answer and when trying lscpu I dont see any specific answer, except a pointer to Intel SGX.

Thank you for clarification.

With kind regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello BurgheardQ,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your inquiry about the Intel® Xeon® Gold 6421N Processor and its support for Intel® Trust Domain Extensions (Intel® TDX). We understand the importance of having clear and accurate information, and we're here to assist you.

Only specific 4th Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors, known as Sapphire Rapids, offer support for Intel TDX.

Intel TDX is available exclusively on Sapphire Rapids processors featuring Extreme Core Count (XCC) or Medium Core Count (MCC) capabilities. Unfortunately, we don't have a publicly available list of units with XCC and MCC designations. To access this information, you will need to review the "4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processor 2S Transition Guide" document. Please note that this document requires signing a Confidential Non-Disclosure Agreement and can be found at the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/design/internal/content-details.html?DocID=781216

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Our dedicated support team is always ready to assist you.

Thank you for your understanding and for choosing Intel.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
BurgheardQ
Beginner

Dear Allan,

Thank you for the answer.

Unfortunately, the link does not work for me, so I cannot sign it. Could you please send it to my profile email address? I can then send it signed back.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello BurgheardQ,

Thank you for your request. I will send you a private email with the link.

Please check your email inbox for a message from us. It will contain the link you need. If you have any trouble finding it, please let us know.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Allan A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
mattipaksula
Beginner

Basically no Sapphire Rapids supports TDX - Emerald Rapids will, see https://github.com/intel/tdx-tools/issues/399

0 Kudos