Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15312 Discussions

Under 8th Gen Intel Computers After 2025?

Maroner
Beginner

Dear Sir/Madam,

How's things?,

What will happen to under 8th Gen Intel computers after 2025?,when Windows 11 starts,because Microsoft could of at least bring back Windows 7 after 2025,sparing under 8th Gen Intels from going to land fill.I understand Microsoft wants us all to keep up with their newer systems by only using over 8th Gen Intels computer/s in 2023 or later on.I like my 5th/6Th Gen Intel as it is in 2023,but it doesn't satisfy in qualifying for Windows 11 or later?.I did get Windows 11 full up and running in my computer that was going against their requirements as shown in the websites and never got any issues from day one except for an installed free antivirus that simply allowed everything to go through and replaced that with the Kaspersky free that also Microsoft doesn't agree with.I am quite positive that by bringing back Windows 7 our under 8th Gen Intel computers will work fine without any issues and can continue on as normal.In finding out accidentally through websites that Windows 10 support ends  later on 2025?,i have two years to decide on whether to do an expensive upgrade or buy an expensive over 8th Gen Intel or buy a second hand Windows 11 pre installed computer saving me double the cost?..In some websites it does mention you can't change a 5th/6th Gen motherboard? to an over 8th Gen Intel motherboard due to how the parts inside are soldiered or welded on?,and have to change to whole lot ?,and am looking at my options..Care to comment,bye

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

This is a technical support forum.  There is nothing to be done for you here.   You have already asked this question, and have been answered.   Contact Microsoft and post your discussion there.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

This is a technical support forum.  There is nothing to be done for you here.   You have already asked this question, and have been answered.   Contact Microsoft and post your discussion there.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos