Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14698 Discussions

Very slow processor

Dragarix
Novice

Hello. I encountered a problem with the processor speed. I have a Dell G16 laptop with an i9-13900hx processor. Without Intel Boost enabled, the speed of deploying local work applications in Visual Studio and generally working with a laptop is so slow that on my old laptop with an AMD Ryzen 7 4000 series, it happens 2 times faster. Without Intel boost turned on, working is not pleasant at all. In UEFI I even completely disabled all functions that could somehow contribute to the processor not working fully. I am very upset because I expected good impressions from this purchase, and not vice versa.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dragarix
Novice

I will be very grateful if you help me solve this problem

0 Kudos
Dragarix
Novice

A trivial example without Intel Boost enabled. a regular task manager can open from 10 to 20 seconds (the window itself opens within 3 - 4 seconds, and before being able to do some actions it takes from 7 to 16 seconds), I’m generally silent about any games , FPS drops due to the appearance of any units within sight simply kill from 120-180 to 45-50 (CS:GO2). And if you take simple games with minimal graphics, for example Turing-Complete, the same thing happens when adding some kind of statement to the screen, FPS instantly drops to 45-50

0 Kudos