Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Virtualization with Intel® Core™ i7-1195G7 Processor

sofien007
Beginner

Dear community,

According to Intel following link : Advanced Search  my processor 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHz supports virtualization.

But Intel Processor Identification is telling the opposite : Virtualization technology is not ticked and I can't run Virtualization on my Acer  AV15-51.

Whatever I do I always get the error  when I would like to run minishift on Oracle VirtualBox : This computer doesn't have VT-X/AMD-v enabled. Enabling it in the BIOS is mandatory

Please note that, BIOS options are ticked.

Best Regards,

Sofiane

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello @sofien007

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Keep in mind that only one virtualization software component can use this hardware at a time, and this is by design. The hardware cannot be shared between virtualization applications.

To use other virtualization software, you must disable Hyper-V Hypervisor,* Device Guard*, and Credential Guard*. 

To verify if Hyper-V is running and how to disable it, refer to the article Determine whether the Hyper-V hypervisor is running. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/application-management/virtualization-apps-not-work-with-hyper-v)

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @sofien007

Hope you are doing fine

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello @sofien007.

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitor

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos