Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14950 Discussions

WHEA-Logger Event 17 PCI Express Root Port - Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Magnarks
Novice

Hello, I introduce myself, my name is Diego.

My problem is that several warnings appear in the event viewer about a PCie device being repaired, but it appears continuously, apparently it happens when I start my PC, because I have already reset CMOS of the motherboard, loaded the optimized configuration in the BIOS and The problem disappeared for a while, but after I started the PC from sleep mode the messages appeared again, on Friday and Saturday it did not appear, but since Sunday night when I turned on the PC, the problem appeared again, I detected the problem since October 24, and apparently it is giving me errors and causing some programs such as games to close unexpectedly. I also disconnected and reconnected the graphics card and reinstalled the drivers but it hasn't worked either, at least It seems the problem is associated with the device "intel(r) peg10 - 4c01", according to the id that appears, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4C01&SUBSYS_50001458&REV_01", I don't know what else to do, I also contacted my motherboard support but they didn't tell me been able to help, I hope so here.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Magnarks  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Please be aware that we can only support you regarding processor issues or inquiries. This device is not related to the processor but to the chipset. The drivers for this device are provided by your System Manufacturer, so you need to contact your System Manufacturer for further assistance with this issue. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Magnarks
Novice

Hello, thanks for answering.

I thought you could help me since the affected device has the name Intel(R), plus I have also seen similar posts here.

In addition, I also have the Chipset, Management Engine Firmware and Intel Serial I/O driver, updated from the manufacturer's website.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Magnarks  

Thank you for your reply. 

I understand your discomfort about it, however, this is not a device related to the processor, you need to check this issue with the proper System Manufacturer for assistance as this is out of our scope. 

If there's another subject I can help you with, please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Magnarks
Novice

Hello, yes I have already contacted the support of my motherboard, in this case it is Gigabyte, my motherboard is an Aorus Z590 Master, but the problem still seems to be solved when in the BIOS and I change the "CPU PCIe Link Speed" parameter AUTOMATIC to GEN3, and I don't know if it's the fault of the board or the CPU, I'll still tell Gigabyte about the same case, because I have a Gen4 SSD and the Graphics is compatible with GEN 4 but it seems bad to me that I can't use it

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Magnarks  

Thank you for your reply. 

We are sorry to hear that you are still going through this issue; as mentioned above, it is their BIOS, and they provide this driver, the PCI device you are having issues with, is related to the chipset, which belongs to the motherboard. 

Computer manufacturers can customize their driver software. If you are experiencing Chipset-related issues,  you need to check it out with your computer manufacturer. 

We don't control how other 3rd party motherboards work as we don't design them or how their BIOS works. We don't provide the drivers for these devices and we cannot recommend steps or assist on issues that are not related to our products, this is out of Intel Customer Support's scope.

If there's another subject related to an Intel product that I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Magnarks    

I hope you are doing great. 

As we have not heard back from you, we will proceed to close this thread now. 

If you need assistance with other matters, please feel free to contact us and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos