Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14593 Discussions

Why my mobo is getting cpu package power value higher than pl1 and pl2 with i7 14700K?

EdJunior
Beginner

I have i7 14700K and set in BIOS PL1 and PL2 both = 200W. When i run Cinebench, the processor shows me on HWiNFO about 300W on Cpu Package power and my temperature goes to 100ºC. Why and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello EdJunior,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

May we know when you first noticed the issue? This is to check if there might be changes on the system that cause the issue, and please provide a screenshot of your processor temperature inside the BIOS.

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
EdJunior
Beginner

I discovered that there are two bent pins on the board. I sent to seller.

pins2.jpg

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, EdJunior.

I appreciate your update.

I'm sorry to hear about the bent pins on the board. Sending it back to the seller is the right step to take. Hopefully, they'll be able to assist you with a resolution promptly.

Moreover, I'd like to revisit your initial concern regarding when you first observed the issue, particularly with HWiNFO reporting 300W and the temperature reaching 100°C. This is to ascertain if there have been any alterations to the system that may have triggered the problem. Could you please provide a screenshot of your processor temperature as displayed in the BIOS?

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
EdJunior
Beginner

But in the BIOS the processor was in idle and temperature was always ok (30C - 35C) !!! The only change i made in the BIOS was with PL1 and PL2, both = 200W...

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello EdJunior,

Thank you so much for the response.

I've looked through the pictures you shared with me. Since the motherboards have two bent pins that are physically damaged, it is best to have them replaced by your OEM manufacturer or place of purchase, which you already did. 

Attempting further troubleshooting steps could lead to additional damage to other components because we are unsure of what other problems the bent pins could be causing.

Please update me once you receive the motherboard replacement, and if the issue still persist so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello EdJunior,

We would like to know if you have already received the motherboard replacement. If yes, are you still having any issues?

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
EdJunior
Beginner

Not Yet. I am waiting for a seller reply.

0 Kudos