Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14653 Discussions

XTU won't install on latest version of Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.10) "A digitally signed driver is required for Intel Overclocking Device Driver"

CMix
Novice

It would install properly before the Anniversary update. The driver signature needs to be updated.

1 Solution
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello everyone,

New tool is available, please go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24075/Intel-Extreme-Tuning-Utility-Intel-XTU-?product=66427 Download Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)

Version: 6.1.2.11 (Latest)

Date: 8/22/2016

As for the Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (Intel® HAXM) this is owned by a different team and I would recommend that you go here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/android-applications-on-intel-architecture Android* Applications on Intel® Architecture

I have already reported it and I can see a lot of posts on the community.

Please let me know the results with the new XTU.

Regards,

Ronny G

View solution in original post

46 Replies
CMix
Novice

The message pops up a couple seconds after the installation completes.

Instead of trying to replicate the issue could you try resigning the driver as specified here (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/ Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607 – Windows Hardware Certification blog) and sending us a new version for us to test? Then we can tell you if its fixed instead of spending all this time trying to replicate the issue. It's verified that multiple people are having this problem so you being unable to replicate it is the exception not the rule.

0 Kudos
DArse1
Novice

This is a great idea. Even if you could not replicate in lab the issue is still not fixed and many still report the exact same issue. I would volunteer to try a new version once you have that ready!

0 Kudos
CMix
Novice

The Intel HAXM driver for Android development has the same problem.

0 Kudos
DSull1
Beginner

I'm having a related problem. After a clean installation of Windows 10 I can install XTU (with the driver warning mentioned above) but I can't import my old profiles or use most of the features. Actually, the only thing I can see or modify is the reference clock. My previous OS was also Windows 10 but I had upgraded it from Windows 7. I didn't have any problems back then...

0 Kudos
UAli2
Beginner

I can also confirm after clean installation of Windows 10 1607 update, XTU is no more working. After the dirty update it was working fine and I was able to adjust CPU clocks. So it confirms that XTU is no more working after clean installation of Windows 10 1607.

Now I'm bit confused . Should i wait for the fix or clean install previous Windows 10 build ?

0 Kudos
CMix
Novice

Hello Alberto,

You can use the Windows Refresh Tool to start with a clean install of the Anniversary Update. Do not install windows 10 from scratch and then update to the Anniversary update, run this on a machine that already has the update installed. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10startfresh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CowMix:

Perfect, I will try that, even though we also did that already, we installed he anniversary update on a PC that had Windows® 10 already installed and the results were the same.

But will use the link you gave me, and I will let you know the results as soon as I can.

To UMAIR.ALI:

I will try the ISO file for the update as well.

As soon as I get any results I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

0 Kudos
UAli2
Beginner

looking forward for the results you'll get. thanks Alberto.

0 Kudos
UAli2
Beginner

Thanks Alberto for looking into this.

Please do not update to windows 10 1067. Create fresh installation media from Windows 10 1607 iso and then verify the issue. Hope u will be able to reproduce.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ipaig
Beginner

Yes, I did a clean install of Win 10 build 1607 on a new computer and everything works perfectly EXCEPT the install of a couple downloaded applications PARAMOUNT AMONG THEM Intel's XTU.

The work-arounds that I have read so far in this thread are not appealing to me because I don't want to reinstall, repair or reset a Windows 10 that is otherwise fine. That is a fairly drastic solution. I prefer the digital signature be corrected.

BTW, the other app that has this problem (digital signature during installation) is the Samsung Magician diagnostic utility which worked fine on previous or updates of Win 10, but not on a clean install of 1607 (it worked partially but gave the same error). So Microsoft did something that breaks previously working programs. Still, now that 1607 is available to all, I hope Intel can make their XTU play nice with the new installs.

Will keep an eye on this forum for further news. Thanks.

JMore7
Novice

Ha I noticed the Samsung magician software latest version also had same problem on my rig using 840 EVO!

Seriously, Microsoft needs to do better job of getting Intel, Samsung and all the major PC players on the same page and have their software, drivers, etc.. ready for major Windows releases.

If they are serious about getting people to use Windows 10 stuff like this, if anything, will make them made and go back to Windows 7!

Anyways, probably just going to have to uninstall XTU till they fix it since it's not worth making my PC less secure disabling secure boot just to use it!

0 Kudos
DHans6
Novice

Microsoft has announced WHY and WHEN you will encounter this issue and how to fix it, the link has been shared multiple times in this thread. We shouldn't be in troubleshooting phase anymore so let's just skip the whole "Replicating the issue" part and send this goddamn driver to Microsoft for validation so we can all sleep at night.

DArse1
Novice

Seriously... How long does it take to fix this? It's just a driver signing issue. We can point finger at Microsoft but Intel isn't looking impressive right now either. We are basically hand holding tech support here.

hbord1
Beginner

Hi guys, my xtu was working fine after the anniversary update. I did a clean install like I was do after a major update and xtu will not install(saying something about needing updated signature) ...

0 Kudos
MBohl
Novice

I also am having issues due to digital signing on Win10 Anniversary. Patiently waiting for a fix...

0 Kudos
Jianjun_H_Intel
Employee

Hi All,

Thanks for you all letting us know the issue, Intel is working on the new release to include the fix of digital signing issue, it will be available for download very soon, please stay tune and once it is posted to download center, we will let you know.

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
DHans6
Novice

Jason,

what did we tell you about pretending to be an Intel employee?

0 Kudos
Ronny_G_Intel

Hello Everyone,

I work for Intel Customer Support and we are currently testing and validating a new release that will address this issue. I will keep this community thread updated with any progress we make.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Ronny G

0 Kudos
CMix
Novice

Hello Ronny,

Since its caused by the same signature issue, will you be pushing an update for the HAXM driver too?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello:

We are glad to hear that the problem with the driver got resolved with the new version of the XTU tool.

Any other inquiry, please do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos