Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4829 Discussions

Xeon E7-8890 V4 configuration

anthward1972
Beginner

Hi. Just wondering if the Intel Xeon E7-8890V4 processors can be used in a dual configuration, or do they need to be used in Quad or higher? Also, what motherboards with dual CPU could be used for these CPU's if Dual config is compatible.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
NormanS_Intel

Hello anthward1972,

Thank you for posting in the community!

To ensure you receive the most specialized assistance, we have a dedicated forum that addresses these specific concerns. Therefore, I will be moving this discussion to our Server Products Forum. This will allow our knowledgeable community and experts to provide you with timely and accurate solutions.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi anthward1972,

Thank you for reaching Intel Community.

Kindly be informed that the Intel® Xeon® Processor E7-8890 v4 has been discontinued and Intel no longer supports it.

Refer to the below link for details of the product:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/93790/intel-xeon-processor-e78890-v4-60m-cache-2-20-ghz/specifications.html

Xeon® Processor E7-8890 v4 Package Specifications

Sockets Supported: FCLGA2011

Max CPU Configuration: 8

TCASE: 79°C

Package Size: 45mm x 52.5mm

Regarding the motherboard, Intel does not provide recommendations for third-party motherboards. This would depend on the motherboard maker or the computer BIOS if they still manufacture the board for this discontinued processor.

Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Regards

Fikri O.

0 Kudos
anthward1972
Beginner
Hi, and thanks for your reply. I’m a little confused. The Intel info says that this CPU uses socket type LGA2011, but from what I can gather, or from what seems to be out on the web, the motherboards could have LGA2001/1 or LGA2011/3 or LGA2011/R or something similar. I’ve been sold 2 second hand E7-8880 v4 CPU’s and a SuperMicro X10DRU-i+ motherboard and told they’re compatible by the seller, but the info I think I’m reading online is that the CPU is socket type 1 and the motherboard is socket type 3. I can’t seem to find any corresponding information about the CPU which verifies whether it is either socket type.
0 Kudos
Fikri_Intel
Employee

Hi anthward1972,

We truly apologize since the product Xeon E7-8890 V4 you are referring has reached the End of Interactive Support (EOIS) where Intel no longer provides direct assistance or troubleshooting through interactive channels such as live chat, phone support, or interactive forums.

The available self-service support options include:

-Technical support content available online

-Discontinued products could be under warranty. Submit warranty service through the Warranty Center (supporttickets.intel.com).

-Support and services for the Intel® Partner Alliance partners through the Intel® Partner Alliance support site (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/secure/partner-alliance/overview.html)

-Help from other users in the Intel Support Community

We no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for self-service products.

However our fellow community members might have the knowledge to assist you.

We will proceed to close this thread as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Fikri O.

0 Kudos