Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14719 Discussions

asus x540s chipset problem

pedrogomez
Beginner

hello. i am new here and not very savvy at all when it comes down to computers. i am hoping that people of this forum may be able to help me. I have an asus vivobook x540S. I encounters some isues with my laptop and i was told that i needed to update the chipset and that this would most likely take care of my issues but i am worried that i migh have installed the wrong chipset i think its for the x540SA i would greatly appreciate it if you can shine some ligh on my issue thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello pedrogomez, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless, I will do my best to assist you with your concern. 

May I please know the chipset version or the specific link of the chipset version that you have installed on your system? You may also share with me your SSU logs so we can be more familiar with your specification. I can also see yellow bang present in your system, may I please know the specific error code that it shows? The reason I ask is because it is the most efficient way to determine the issue on your system. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
pedrogomez
Beginner

thank for reaching back to me this is what i had instaled from asus websight. I2C_Intel_Braswell_Win10_64_VER6041014626432818 chipset.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello pedrogomez, 

I am just following up regarding your logs and the error message from yellow bang in your device manager. Feel free to reply in my post and I will be there to assist you. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello pedrogomez, 

Thank you for responding back to us. As mentioned before, Since this is an OEM (Branded Laptop) original equipment manufacturer device, please take into consideration that our support may be limited since we are not familiar with the technology, settings, customizations, custom drivers, and features that the OEM has designed and installed your system, nevertheless. 

I understand your interest in obtaining detailed information about the chipsets for the ASUS VivoBook X540S and X540SA. While I'm eager to assist you further, I recommend reaching out directly to ASUS for the most precise information. Since these are both ASUS products and you've installed the chipset from their official website, contacting ASUS support will ensure you receive the most accurate and reliable answers.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos